28 May 2007

From Burgos

We are about to start walking the most tedious (try the new word, ´trudgerý), the Alteplano. We are in Burgos right now - a city with a gorgeous cathedral and lots of esplanades and such.

The Alteplano is high and flat. We´re talking big skies here, big vistas, a path that is straight as a dime with no variation, no trees, no shade and lots and lots of wind.

I am windburned already from the past six days. It has been a mixture of weather, sun, rain, hard rain, and cold! Today almost demanded putting on fleece gloves.

Feet are holding up though I have twinges of tendonitis in my left foot (always the left foot).

It is hard finding open churches and harder still even to find a mass. I haven´t been to church since I left last week. I spent Pentecost in the rain, and wind up on Spain´s oldest mountain range.

Nonetheless, it has been wonderful to be back on the camino, to meet people from all over, and to have the time to be still in mind and heart, and to begin to listen for God´s small still voice.

Next post from Leon for sure.

Adelante!